Aug 7th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
CDR Spotlight: Meet Harmony Ammons…
Harmony had the fastest time for women in our latest 2k row!!
Coach Calvin says….
- I remember Harmony doing 100 burpees for time and not wanting to be modified…she just fought them out one at a time.
- Her attitude has always been very positive and it influences others.
- She is so STRONG….she cleans 140+ pounds
- She is working on her confidence…believing that she is much better than she is.
1. When is your favorite time to WOD?
Can’t decide between 9am and 4:30. However each that I’ve ever attended has been great.
2. What are some of your favorite movements? Least?
Favorite- anything lifting / Least probably running just because I’m soo incredibly slow.
3. What is your favorite WOD?
Today’s wod was pretty good. I can’t really think of a favorite.
4. What is your favorite memory of CDR?
When I got to help Melissa (she was deaf) with her trial workout back at the old box. It was a really neat experience for me and she was really nice to workout with. I wish she had decided to stay.
5. What keeps you coming back to CDR?
The people are great and the coaches make the workouts fun.
6. How has your commitment to CDR affected your life outside of the box?
CrossFit has shown me how good it feels to take time for myself and that has translated into me being a stronger person mentally now than I was before.
7. What have you found to be most helpful in your WOD recovery?
Stretching and yoga (which I need to do more of).
8. What do you do for work?
9. Do you have any hobbies/what do you do for fun?
I like strategy games and puzzles.
10. What are your current CrossFit goals?
I would really like to get faster and stronger.
Workout of the Day
WOD: CDR Endurance…
- Row 1k
- 50 Double-unders
- Row 750m
- 40 Double-unders
- Row 500m
- 30 Double-unders
- Row 250m
- 20 Double-unders