Jul 23rd, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CDR Community
Every day this week, we are going to hear from the individual competitors of Team CDR, so you can get to know them a little better and hear how they are feeling about the Games! Check out Teresa Diaz Gendy’s interview here.
Jacob is a beloved coach here at CDR, an amazing athlete, and is known to make a joke or two…
1. What is a highlight for you from Regionals?
Wow so many highlights….watching Teresa go unbroken on the thruster during Jackie, Jon completely annihilating the competition during Diane, Sarah overcoming her sickness and dominating the weekend, and watching Calvin and Rachel come from behind to win the chipper using the strategy I had put in place for them, but most of all I enjoyed looking up and seeing our CDR fans cheering us on at one point as I looked up at the stands and saw everyone with a smile on their face and it filled me with such joy that a single tear slid down my rosy red cheek… I also enjoyed many wonderful tasting beers, and of course one cigarette never hurt
2. What keeps you motivated to train so hard at the box?
I stay so motivated to train hard in the box so that I can look good in a bikini year round.
3. What max lift would you like to see at the Games?
I would like to see a Clean.
4. What are some of your favorite movements? Least?
Least favorite movements would be wall balls and rowing. I’m a shorter exerciser so don’t have a huge advantage in these areas.
4. What are you most looking forward to at the Games? Is there anything you are nervous about?
I’m looking forward to getting my nano 3s and possibly some other cool Reebok attire, shirts, shorts, belts, hats, duffel bag, mani/pedi kit, bikini wax. I’m also looking forward to competing in front of thousands of people. The only thing I’m nervous about is possibly running into Rich Froning and not being able to tell him how I truly feel.
5. Which male and female do you think are going to win the Games?
Rich Froning, Camille LeBlanc
6. Favorite piece of Reebok swag?
7. What’s the key to the mental game during competitions?
I generally take a blue pill that helps with mental focus but apparently it’s on the “banned” substance list so not sure what I’m gonna do now…
8. What’s your favorite part about being a member of Team CDR?
Everyone on the team brings something special to the game and we have a great time training and hanging out with each other.
9. What’s something fun or interesting about you that most people at CDR dont know about you?
I’m a Capricorn…
- We just received a new shipment of AQUAhydrate. Pick up a cold bottle of this electrolyte enhanced water from the refrigerator in the warm-up area.
- Games Shirts have ARRIVED. People who signed up for a shirt will have first priority. Once the pre-ordered shirts have been purchased, we will be selling the remaining shirts!
- We now have lockers in our shower rooms! Reserve yours for $15/month.
Because most of our coaches will be in Carson for the Games, we have some schedule changes this week….
- Class times on Friday will only be 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am.
- All Saturday & Sunday classes are canceled
- Open Box is canceled for this whole week
- Noon class on Tuesday & Thursday is canceled
Workout of the Day
WOD: 3 rounds of….
- 1 minute – Kettlebell swings (53#/35#)
- 1 minute – Sit-ups
- 1 minute – Box jump
- 1 minute – Row for cal
- 1 minute – Rest