Nov 14th, 2012
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP?
When I’m working with people who are trying to improve their body composition, this is one of the questions they hear from me on a regular basis. Lack of sleep or poor quality sleep can undermine some of the best efforts to eat well and exercise consistently. There are three parts to the equation – exercise, food, and rest/ recovery. You won’t reach your full potential if you are ignoring any part of the equation – including the rest/ recovery part. Sleep is the most important rest and recovery activity – essential and unfortunately, hard to come by in our busy, fast paced lives.
Here is an excellent post that discusses some of the most common issues - Common Factors That Prevent Good Sleep, Mark’s Daily Apple.
7 Ways You Might Be Inadvertently Sabotaging a Good Night’s Sleep
- You’re not getting any light during the day.
- You’re eating too late.
- You’re avoiding carbs at dinner.
- You’re exercising right before bed and failing to give yourself enough time to recover.
- You’re taking Vitamin D too late in the day.
- You don’t have a nighttime ritual.
- You’re still staying up too late.
Get the whole post here.
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
View the WOD demo here.
Sign up for class here.