Dec 28th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CDR Community
Did you know….
Alright get your thinking caps on for a bit of New Years Trivia! (answers at the bottom…NO Peeking!)
- What does “Auld Lang Syne” mean?
- What is the month of January named for?
- Which calendar uses animals to mark years?
- What year was the first New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square?
- What is the Jewish New Year called?
- In 1751, the British Calendar Act established Jan. 1 as the beginning of the year. What was it before?
- What ancient civilization was the first to celebrate New Year’s as a holiday?
- What sign in the Zodiac does Jan. 1 fall under?
- Which of the following significant events happened on New Year’s Day?
- Just as Santa Claus is the mascot of Christmas, who is the mascot of New Year’s Eve?
Sign up for class here!
- “Time goes by”
- Janus, the Roman God of doors who holds two faces. One face of the God look backwards, while the other one looks toward the future and represents the “spirit of the opening”.
- Rosh Hashanah
- March 25th
- First rover landing on Mars
- Father Time