Apr 29th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
Eat Well… On A Budget
Feeding your family healthy and nutritious meals doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are a few tips for maximizing your food dollars and making sure your family’s health is within budget!
1. Make a realistic food budget. Consider what you are already spending and what you may spend comfortably each week.
2. Set aside your food budget in cash so that “going over budget” is not an option.
3. Stick to the list. Impulse purchases add up quickly!
4. Waste not – Know what you have on hand and make a meal plan that includes all of your perishables.
5. Make substitutions in recipes to use what you have, instead of buying several ingredients that you will only use small portions of.
6. Double down – make double of recipes when you can. Having meals ready means you’ll be less likely to spend on impulse purchases or restaurant meals.
7. Water – instead of juice, soda and alcohol.
8. Veggie up – make veggies the biggest part of your meal and stick to smaller meat portions.
Check out the original article for more tips!
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
3 rounds for time of…
- 400m run
- 50 double unders
- 15 pullups
Sign up for class here