Jan 6th, 2014
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CDR Community
CrossFit CDR is definitely going full-throttle into 2014 as we gear up for the open and regionals, however that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun along the way! Make sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
- January 11th-12th: 2014 OC Throwdown–Cheer on Coach Calvin Davis at The Hangar at the OC Fairgrounds
- January 14th: “Bring a Friend” Day–Have a friend interested in CrossFit? Or dying to challenge one of your fit buddies to a WOD? Well then make sure to bring them on this Tuesday for a fun workout they won’t soon forget!
- January 15th: “New year New YOU” Challenge starts! Body Fat Testing will be done on this day–mark your name on the sign up sheet on the coach’s desk. Open Registration also begins! This year we are encouraging everyone to sign up who’s interested in competing, loves a challenge, or just wants to do a good WOD.
- January 26th: CA Affiliate Showcase–CDR will be representing 4 teams at this Legendary Competitor competition at the LA Fit Expo. Come and cheer on your hard-working athletes!
- February 14th: “Bring Your Valentine”–Celebrate a very fun Valentine’s Day at CDR with your special someone.
- February 27th: First Open workout is announced!
- March 29th: 4th Annual Inner Box Battle– Once again, CDR will be hosting this 2-person team competition, so start arranging your team now, or if you don’t have one, tell a coach and we will set you up with someone.
- May 23rd-25th: Southern California Regionals–Regionals will be held again at the Del Mar Racetrack, so book your hotel rooms now if you plan to stay the night. Click here for the Del Mar Hilton
Workout of the Day
Warm-Up: 1 mile run
25 mountain climbers, 5 wall climbs, 20 banded pull a-parts, 2o hollow rocks, 20 back extensions
Strength: 3 Rep Max Bench Press
Power Cleans #135/95