Jul 22nd, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
Teresa Diaz Gendy!
The week of the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games is finally here!!! Team CDR Redlands has consistently trained hard and we could not be more excited to watch them compete!
Every day this week, we are going to hear from the individual competitors of Team CDR, so you can get to know them a little better and hear how they are feeling about the Games!
First up is the great Teresa Diaz Gendy!
1. What is a highlight for you from Regionals?
Wow so many highlights….watching Jacob blast by everyone on the thrusters during Jackie, Jon completely annihilating the competition during Diane, Sarah overhead squatting 150 lbs and watching Calvin and Rachel come from behind to win the chipper, but most of all I enjoyed looking up and seeing our CDR fans.
2. What keeps you motivated to train so hard at the box?
The other box members always push me to work harder and knowing that my teammates depend on me so I don’t want to let them down.
3. What max lift would you like to see at the Games?
Snatch. I am not the best at it but as a team we are the world record holders from regionals last year.
4. What are some of your favorite movements? Least?
Favorite: HSPU, lightweight squats, shuttle runs, cleans
Least: Rope climbs, two handed dumbbell snatch, burpees, rowing
5. What are you most looking forward to at the Games?
Just having a great time (you might have to remind me of this)
6. Is there anything you are nervous about?
The whole thing!
7. Which male and female do you think are going to win the Games?
Male winner- Rich Froning Jr.
Female winner- Camille Leblanc Bazinett
7. Favorite piece of Reebok swag?
I really liked the gloves and a jacket from the games, but I lost them both in a week.
8. What is the key to the mental game during competitions?
Trust your coach and pray.
9. What’s your favorite part about being a member of Team CDR?
Being part of, and representing such a great community.
10.What is something fun or interesting about you that most people at CDR don’t know?
I have two brothers and two sisters, one of which is my twin sister named Gina. She doesn’t do CrossFit but if she did, she would be awesome!
Also Diaz is my maiden name. My husband is George Gendy who is Egyptian, not Mexican.
Workout of the Day
WOD: 3 rounds of….
- 30 Squats
- 30 Burpees
- 1 Sled push
[Games Team WOD #1]
Sign up for class here