Nov 15th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CDR Community
Brian Smith aka B-Smith
I’m sure some of you have seen Brian around the box, usually warming up to do some personal training with Jonathan or just working on some skills. Brian has been a member of CrossFit CDR for almost a year, and has experienced some tremendous results. He is a true testament of what consistency and determination can achieve. I asked Brian to share with us some things about his experience at CrossFit CDR so we could all get to know about the man who wants to dethrone Rich.
Weight: Starting CDR: 265 lbs
Currently: 225 lbs.
Married to: Liz Nilsson (Also a CDR member)
Children: Josselyn 10 mo., Mathhew 2 yrs, Luke 3 yrs, Jacob 5 yrs
School: CSUSB with a degree in Child Development
Occupation: Case Manager at Child Care Resource Center
1) How/Why did you start CrossFit CDR? “I needed to lose weight. We (Liz & I) wanted to start living a healthy & active life style. I knew Steve Hanson went to CDR so I called Rachel & asked her a bunch of questions. She asked me when I wanted to start, and I said Monday November 26, 2012 at 6 am. I went to my first foundations class led by Coach Victoria, and I have been here ever since.”
2) What was your first CrossFit WOD? – “Hmmmmm… I don’t remember, but I do remember Calvin pushing me to my breaking point, and telling me not to quit.”
3) Why did you start PT with Coach Jonathan? – “It was a goal of mine to lose 50 pounds my by birthday in June. So when my birthday came, I was like “Awesome I lost all the weight, but now what?” The wifey then surprised me for Father’s Day with Personal Training with Jonathan. I told Jonathan I wanted to learn all the Olympic lifts.”
4) What has improved since starting PT? – “Everything has improved! I really just wanted to learn the lifts & techniques, and my increased strength was just a byproduct. I remember when 135 was my one rep max for a clean, and now it’s my 60%!”
5) How has CF changed your life? -” It has definitely changed it for the better. My family and I are living a more healthy lifestyle now, doing anything from cleans & snatches in the garage to eating a T-Mac prescribed meal.”
6) Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? - “Anything Rich Froning is doing.”
7) What are your short-term and long-term CF Goals? – “Short term: lift more than Chris Balanay. Long Term: Dethrone Rich.”
8) What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? – “I love to cook. I cook all the meals for my family every week.”
9) What’s your favorite quote?
Workout of the Day
200 Double Unders
50 Tire flips
50 Power snatch #115/75
50 Box jump 40″/32″
Clinic this Saturday!!
MU Pt. II Clinic with Coach Jonathan
will be this Saturday at 8 am!!!