Sep 6th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
CDR Spotlight: Meet Michelle Baca…
We are excited to highlight Michelle Baca! She has been a member for 15 months and is an awesome part of our community…
Coach Calvin says….
- She always comes into the box so positive, smilin’, and stylin’!
- She has all the good gear! The knee wraps, weight belts, Lift Like Lindsey shirt, oly shoes.
- She has an excellent rack position for her jerk!
- She is very consistent.
1. When is your favorite time to WOD? What is the difference between those classes?
Because of the weather…..9:00 a.m. in the summer & 3:30 p.m. in the winter.
The difference between the classes is that 9:00 a.m. is very social and 3:30 p.m. means business 🙂
2. What are some of your favorite movements?
Dead hang pull-ups.
When I first started my max front squat was 42 pounds. On Tuesday I did 125 pound front squat X 2!
3. What is your favorite WOD?
Not endurance day…..no running!
4. What is your favorite memory of CDR?
Always making new friends & I really like holiday workouts.
5. What keeps you coming back to CDR?
I am a glutton for pain!
6. Why CDR?
When I was thinking about joining CrossFit Josh Delgado told me, “If you’re going to go to a CrossFit, you better go to the best.”
6. How has your commitment to CDR affected your life outside of the box?
Coming to CDR has increased my confidence, I don’t drink as much anymore, and it has helped me believe that I can do anything!!
7. What have you found to be most helpful in your WOD recovery?
8. What do you do for work?
I’m an RN in ICU/Trauma.
9. Do you have any hobbies/what do you do for fun?
CDR & biking.
10. What are your current CrossFit goals?
1 muscle up, 150 pound back squat, 200 pound dead lift, and to Lift Like Lindsey!
Workout of the Day
We’re doing the Redlands Rumble WODs. If you are competing, try and get your team to come to the same class!
Partner WOD: “Rat Race” AMRAP 4 minutes…
- Option A:
- 4 Toes-to-bar
- 12 Wallballs
- Option B:
- 4 Push-ups
- 12 Box-jump-overs
WOD: “Bobbing For Meters”
- 3 minutes max rings.
WOD: “Clean Up Your Squat”
- 2 rep max front squat