Jul 24th, 2013
Author: CrossFit CDR
Category: CrossFit CDR
Every day this week, we are going to hear from the individual competitors of Team CDR, so you can get to know them a little better and hear how they are feeling about the Games! Check out Teresa Diaz Gendy’s interview here & Jacob Heighes’ interview here.
Today we hear from the lovely Sarah Compton!
1. What is a highlight for you from Regionals?
Regionals was an amazing experience, but the highlight for me was the community coming together to support me when I wasn’t feeling well all weekend. I had the flu and I honestly don’t think I could have completed the deadlift WoD with Jon on Saturday without everyone’s support, prayers, and positive thoughts.
2. What keeps you motivated to train so hard at the box?
I train hard so that I can eat 5000 calories per day! Just kidding-
I am motivated to train because I know that 5 other people are depending on me and I don’t want to let them down. When we are not in Games’ season, at the end of the day I just really love Crossfit and being in shape. That, and how awesome CDR is, keeps me coming back!
3. What max lift would you like to see at the Games?
Clean & Jerk. Our team hasn’t ever really done that in competition before so it would be fun to see us crush it!
4. What are some of your favorite movements? Least?
Favorite- rowing, muscle ups, deadlift, kettle bell swings.
Least favorite- handstand push ups, running, anything body weight (I’m a big girl! )
4. What are you most looking forward to at the Games? Is there anything you are nervous about?
I’m excited to get paid for all our hard work and spend a week with some of my favorite people. Our team is pretty tight this year and we’re all so excited to represent CDR. Also, I’m looking forward to all the swag!!!
I’m anxious for any workouts or movements that are unknown or will be a surprise, but I think we can handle anything that comes at us.
5. Which male and female do you think are going to win the Games?
Male- Rich Froning
Female- Elisabeth Akinwale
6. Favorite piece of Reebok swag?
The shoes! I love the nanos and oly shoes.
7. What’s the key to the mental game during competitions?
I’ll have to get back to you when I figure it out.
No in all seriousness, I think just feeling prepared and that you did everything you could and tried your hardest leading up to the competition. The rest usually takes care of itself. Also, I like to remind myself how much I love Crossfit and how fun it is- and that’s all that matters at the end of the day.
8. What’s your favorite part about being a member of Team CDR?
It’s a great excuse to get to WoD regularly and hang out with Calvin, Rachel, TD, Jon and Jacob! And it’s a great motivator to improve skills, because you are essentially forced to learn movements you struggle with.
9. What’s something fun or interesting about you that most people at CDR dont know about you?
Even when I’m most strict with my diet or doing a challenge, I still eat dessert every night. My favorites are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and chocolate from Trader Joe’s.
- First prize for the Beach Bod challenge is being announced in classes on Wednesday!!!
- Games shirts have ARRIVED. Please pick yours up at the box! If you ordered a shirt and it’s not at the box, you will be receiving it next week.
Because most of our coaches will be in Carson for the Games, we have some schedule changes this week….
- Class times on Friday will only be 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am.
- All Saturday & Sunday classes are canceled
- Open Box is canceled for this whole week
- Noon class on Tuesday & Thursday is canceled
Workout of the Day
WOD: Deck of Cards
- Spades: 400m Run
- Hearts: Bear Crawl cone to cone
- Diamonds: DUs (1=10, 2=20, etc.)
- Clubs: Broad Jump
- Joker: 2000m on Bike